- From I-91 from north and south: Take Exit 3 (Trumbull Street Exit). Stay in the middle lane and continue straight through the traffic light onto Trumbull Street. At the third light turn right onto Hillhouse Ave. The Archaeology building is on the right-hand side, at 51 Hillhouse Avenue. Continue to Sachem Street and turn right, and the Anthropology building will be on the right-hand side, at 10 Sachem Street, directly across from the Peabody Museum.
- From I-95 from north: Turn off turnpike at I-91 North Exit (Hartford, Springfield Exit) and continue for a short distance on I-91 to Trumbull Street Exit 3. Follow I-91 directions above. From south: Take Exit 49, I-91 North (Hartford, Springfield). Follow I-91 directions above.
- From Route 15 (Wilbur Cross/ Merritt Parkways) from north: Take Exit 61. Drive south on Whitney Avenue for approximately five miles. Turn right at the intersection with Trumbull Street, turn right again onto Hillhouse Avenue. The Archaeology building is on the right-hand side, at 51 Hillhouse Avenue. Continue to Sachem Street and turn right, and the Anthropology Department is on the right-hand side, at 10 Sachem Street, directly across from the Peabody Museum. From south: Take Exit 57. Drive east on Route 34 (Derby Avenue) for five miles to the fork of Derby Avenue and George Street (three blocks past the Yale Athletic Fields). Bear right on George Street. Continue on George Street to York Street. Turn left on York Street and then the third right on Elm Street. Continue on Elm for two blocks. Turn left onto College St. at the second stoplight. College St. will become Prospect St. after this stoplight. Continue to drive straight and turn right onto Trumbull Street, then left onto Hillhouse Avenue. The Archaeology building is on the right-hand side, at 51 Hillhouse Avenue. Continue to Sachem Street and turn right, and the Anthropology building is on the right-hand side, at 10 Sachem Street, directly across from the Peabody Museum.
- Metered parking is available for up to five hours on Hillhouse Avenue, and for up to two hours on Sachem Street. For information about other parking and transportation options, visit http://to.yale.edu/parking-map.
- Tweed New Haven Airport (4 miles from campus) has taxi, bus and car rental services. The following feature shuttle service to and from New Haven by companies such as Prime Time Shuttle (800-RED-VANS), Connecticut Limousine (800-320-7298) and Fitzgerald Airport Express (800-468-7287):
- Hartford Bradley International Airport (53 miles), LaGuardia International Airport (72 miles), Kennedy International Airport (80 miles) and Newark International Airport (92 miles)
- Metro-North (a subsidiary of New York’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority) features hourly commuter service to New Haven from Grand Central Station in New York (see schedules or call 800 638-7646).
- Amtrak features travel times of 141 minutes between New Haven and Boston and 89 minutes between New Haven and New York Penn Station (see schedules or call 800-USA-RAIL). The train station is also served by several bus lines, such as Greyhound and Peter Pan.
- The train station is a twenty minute walk from campus and local taxi service is available (fare is approximately $5). A free Yale Shuttle service operates from 6pm to 7:30am for those with a Yale ID.